Friday, June 28, 2013

Cross Training

I can't run every day...my body just can't take it. Since I ran yesterday I had to take a day off.  Like any good athlete, I decided today would be a great day for some cross training. Did I lift weights or pop in my Buns of Steel VHS?  Nope...I pulled weeds and trimmed bushes. For two hours.  Before you say, "That's not real exercise," keep this in mind:
  1. I was bending...
  2. I was squatting...
  3. I was lifting...
  4. I was sweating (a lot)...
  5. My pedometer said I walked over 2 miles...
  6. I chased the dog through the front yard..
  7. I was wearing my running clothes (except my shoes...they cost too much for yard work)...
  8. I drank a whole bottle of Powerade...
  9. I dove into the pool at the end to cool down...
  10. I'm going to be really sore tomorrow...
Sounds like exercise to me!  I guess it's just a matter of perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment