Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Old Runner's Blessing

No...I'm not really old (even though I'm not young either) and I'm only a "random" runner.  But, I had a little time to think during my run yesterday. This is what happens when I run 8 miles and have 90 minutes with nothing to think about.

That's right...I stepped it up yesterday and ran a full 8 miles. Why?  Because I felt good. Because the weather was wonderfully cool. Because I need to work towards my goal of 10 miles. Because I haven't felt the need to take Advil lately. 

Anyway...during all that extra time I started thinking. I got a little creative...or maybe delusional...I'll let you decide. 



_____________________________________

Virtual Marathon Update:


It's 9 days into October, so I thought I'd let you know how I'm doing on the Joggermom Marathon Cancer Run.  Over the past 9 days I've run a total of 19.2 miles.  Here's how I did it:

Oct 1        Rest
Oct 2        2.02 miles  (An afternoon run on a sunny day...
                 what was I thinking?)
Oct 3        Rest
Oct 4        5.12 miles
Oct 5        2.03 miles (I only had time for a short run...
                 we had a Florida football game to get to.  Go Gators!!!)
Oct 6        Rest
Oct 7        2.03 miles (Slow, sweaty, sandy run on the beach)
Oct 8        8.03 miles (Longest. Run. Ever.  Woohoo!!!)
Oct 9        Rest

So...how am I doing on my goals?

  • Run 26.2 miles - I'm off to a good start...only 7 more miles to go
  • Run at least 2 times each week - So far so good
  • Run a non-stop 10k - DONE on 10/8
  • Participate in a 5k race
  • Not die running - So far so good
  • Complete 26.2 miles before the 15th - Maybe...just maybe
  • Run a 5k with an average pace of 10:00
  • Run 1 mile in 9 minutes of less
  • Run 10 miles with out stopping - I've made it to 8 miles...80% there.
I'm on track to meet several of my goals...but I'm going to have to pick up the pace (literally) to complete the rest.  I'm taking a few days off after my long run...then it's back to work to get everything all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment