That's right...I stepped it up yesterday and ran a full 8 miles. Why? Because I felt good. Because the weather was wonderfully cool. Because I need to work towards my goal of 10 miles. Because I haven't felt the need to take Advil lately.
Anyway...during all that extra time I started thinking. I got a little creative...or maybe delusional...I'll let you decide.
Virtual Marathon Update:
It's 9 days into October, so I thought I'd let you know how I'm doing on the Joggermom Marathon Cancer Run. Over the past 9 days I've run a total of 19.2 miles. Here's how I did it:
Oct 1 Rest
Oct 2 2.02 miles (An afternoon run on a sunny day...
what was I thinking?)
Oct 3 Rest
Oct 4 5.12 miles
Oct 5 2.03 miles (I only had time for a short run...
we had a Florida football game to get to. Go Gators!!!)
Oct 6 Rest
Oct 7 2.03 miles (Slow, sweaty, sandy run on the beach)
Oct 8 8.03 miles (Longest. Run. Ever. Woohoo!!!)
Oct 9 Rest
So...how am I doing on my goals?
- Run 26.2 miles - I'm off to a good start...only 7 more miles to go
- Run at least 2 times each week - So far so good
- Run a non-stop 10k - DONE on 10/8
- Participate in a 5k race
- Not die running - So far so good
- Complete 26.2 miles before the 15th - Maybe...just maybe
- Run a 5k with an average pace of 10:00
- Run 1 mile in 9 minutes of less
- Run 10 miles with out stopping - I've made it to 8 miles...80% there.
I'm on track to meet several of my goals...but I'm going to have to pick up the pace (literally) to complete the rest. I'm taking a few days off after my long run...then it's back to work to get everything all done.