Friday, December 6, 2013

I Love Streaking...

Today is my 9th day of streaking...just not that kind of streaking

So far, I've run 8 of the 9 days.  (Yes, I broke the streak on day 4.  It was a Sunday and I just forgot to run.  When I remembered it was 8 at night and I was in the middle of my second piece of pizza...oops.)  I decided the next day I would start all over and ignore my miss.  I wasn't going to let one little mistake keep me from meeting me goal for the rest of the month.


The 2013 Runner's World Holiday Running Streak | Runner's World
Here's what I've done so far:
Nov. 28 (Thanksgiving) - 4 miles
Nov. 29 - 1.5 miles
Nov 30 - 4.8 miles
Dec 1 - 0 miles
Dec 2 - 3.1 miles
Dec 3 - 1.6 miles
Dec 4 - 1.3 miles
Dec 5 - 1 mile
Dec 6 - 2 miles

That's a total of 19.3 miles.  Not too shabby for only 9 days!

Since I began I have mostly run short runs.  There's a reason for that...my knees are killing me.  My body is not used to running this often.  My plan is to keep the runs short for now, hoping that my knees will start to adjust and I can up my mileage per day.

Happy streaking everyone!








No comments:

Post a Comment