Tuesday, September 10, 2013

He Said What?!?

Today I had a doctor's appointment. It started out like usual...weight, height, blood pressure, sit in the cold little room in my underwear, etc. Soon the doctor came in and it was time to get the appointment under way. Next the doctor wanted to listen to my heart and lungs.

After listening to my heart for a moment he had a strange look on this face. That's when he asked is I ever exercise. I told him I run 2-3 times and bike 1-2 a week (that's probably a little stretch...but we can keep that secret between us). The concerned look left his face, and he responded, "You have a slow hearts beat like an athlete."

To be honest...I just about fell off the table. No one has ever accused me of being an athlete!!!  Not even when I played soccer (waaaaaay back in 1st and 2nd grade) could you call me an athlete.  (Well, you probably couldn't' call it "playing" soccer since I usually just stood in front of the goal as a defender...and my coach only played me the minimum time.)  I managed to use my violin to get out of gym class all the way through Jr. High and High School. Let's face it...I've always been a nerd.  I've never been an athlete.

He said I was an athlete.  Let me say that again...he said I was an ATHLETE!!!

As I type this I'm about to fall off my chair again.  Maybe there is hope for me after all...maybe one day I'll be more than a random runner!!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment