Thursday, July 18, 2013

Marathon Madness

What have I done?  I think I've lost my mind. I just signed up for my first marathon.

Well, technically it's a marathon. It's called a marathon. I'm going to run 26.2 miles. I'm even going to get a finisher's medal. 

Buuuuutttt...I guess it's not a real marathon. There's no actual race.  I'm not going to run all 26.2 miles at one time...not even in one day. 

I've registered for the Joggermom Marathon Cancer Run 2103. This virtual race takes place October 1-31 this year. That's right...I have a whole month to finish the race. That's less than a mile a day...I can do it!
 



I've never done a virtual race before. Virtual races can be done anywhere, by anyone, at anytime (as long as it's within the dates given by the race). Prizes are usually randomly drawn, so you don't need to be fast to win something. Sometimes you need proof of your run (like a display from a Garmin, your iPhone or treadmill) but not always. 

For this race I'll track my miles on an Excel spreadsheet and submit it when I'm done. If I win a prize (keeping my fingers crossed) then I have to submit my proof (screen shots from my phone). 

Anyone else want to run?  You can click here to be connected to their web site.

Did I mention there's a finisher's medal?




A real medal for finishers!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment