Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Motivation of a Good Friend


Some days I just don't feel like running. I know this may come as a shock...since I'm such a dedicated runner. Okay, maybe not so much.  After all, there's a reason I call myself a random runner.

Today was one of those days. I woke up and I just wasn't feeling it...I was tired.  I went outside and it was already sunny...not a cloud in the sky. Not my favorite running conditions. I had talked myself out of running until a friend posted a picture for me on Facebook:


Runner's Prayer
Run by my side; live in my heartbeat; give strength to my steps.
As the cold surrounds, and the wind pushed me, I know You surround me.
As the sun warms me, as the rain cleanses me, I know You are touching me,
Challenging me, loving me, and so I give You this run.
Thank You for matching my stride.
Amen
She didn't just post the picture and I happened to see it...she posted it on my wall.  Along with the picture she wrote, " Krista,  I hope today's run is great!!!"  

Darn it...now I feel like I need to run.  So much for my plans to sit around and enjoy my morning. Thanks a lot Tasha...some friend you are. 

Her post got me out the door and I started running. 

My running app posts on Facebook when I'm running.  It will even read me any comments and likes.  Sometimes it's those comments that will keep me from stopping. Today was no different. Those comments...even Tasha's...are what kept me moving. 

Today ended up being a good run. (Maybe it was because my muscles were all stretched out from  the yoga class Tasha dragged me to last night.)  All I know is that some days "I get by with a little help from my friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment